Thursday, July 12, 2018
H e l l o !
It has been a veryyyy long time! Just realized that my last post was in 2014? That was like about 4 years ago. Now it's July 2018. Well, here I am! I have update on a few things here on my blog. The layouts, bio, and kind of almost everything :)
Actually, been wanting to delete almost all of my previous posts here, but feel like I couldn't do it :p
Wanting to delete them because it was dumb. But oh well *laughs*. Guess it will be just a memory for years to come. And you'll get to poke fun of me for my foolishness of a younger teenage self.
Just a quick update. I'll write more when I'm free (lets hope it's not going to be another 4 years). How's life been treating me so far? Well, life has been great and alright. Lots of things happening around here on planet Earth. But I'll probably not as free when I was years ago to write up posts in blogs and stuffs due to work commitment.
I'm mostly active (sort of) on Instagram or Facebook. You can follow me on Instagram (just click the tab on your right). Facebook is mostly for personal people like real life friends, relatives or family. Or people that I know. Since I posts a lot of emo sh*t there :p
While Instagram is mostly on my journeys or any exciting things that I found to be exciting or pretty.
Hope I'll get back to writing here soon.
Monday, September 22, 2014
|How to wear bright red lipstick and golden eyeshadow and keeps your young age at the same time.|
I think everyone should know that golden eyeshadow when teams up with bright red lipstick can actually makes you look very old. Almost aunt like, if you get what I mean. So, the secret to avoid that is to pick the matte red lipstick and avoid rimming your lower eye rims with black eyeliner.
|The eye make-up look from up close|
Tools you'll need:
- Golden eyeshadow
- Dark brown/brick eyeshadow
- Eyeliner pen/liquid
- Red lipstick
1) As usual, always exfoliate and wash your face first before wearing any (thing) make up. Then, prep your skin with face moisturizers/serums so that your foundation and loose powder will goes on smoothly (not cakey) upon their application. Face moisturizers/ serums also make your face looks dewy and it will save you from dry flaky skin much later on. Put on foundation and loose powder all over your face. Then prep your eyes with eye primer. I use eye primer from Urban Decay (Anti-Aging).
2) After you've applied eye primer on both your eyelids, take the dark brown/brick colored eyeshadow and apply it on the socket of your eyes (?) or errr eye sockets? I hope you get what I'm trying to say. If not, then see my picture above or below. REMEMBER to apply the dark brown/brick colored eyeshadow around the eye socket/ eye bone area only lol ughh I don't know what it called anyway. DON'T apply it on the whole eyelid.
3) Next, take the gold eyeshadow and apply it below the dark brown/brick colored eyeshadow. Remember to blend the eyeshadows so that it doesn't look drawn on or weird. Blend means you take a medium sized brush (for eyeshadows specifically) and put the brush above the place where you've applied the dark brown/brick colored eyeshadow and gently put put put or dot dot dot the brush there, along from the inner of your eyes to the outer corner and vice versa. Like I said, the reason behind it is for the dark brown/brick colored eyeshadow to not look drawn in or too harsh that it makes you look weird. Also, take a little gold eyeshadow and apply it below your lower lash line.
By the way, I use Urban Decay Naked 3 Pallette in Nooner (for dark brown/brick color) and Trick (for the gold color)
4) Then, take your eyeliner pen or liquid eyeliner in black and draw a line that ends with a flick at the outer corner of your eyes, almost like a cat eye. Try not to draw (too) thick line, as a thick line can make your eyeshadows that you've applied on earlier pretty much useless or disappear. Besides that, if you're Asian, thick lines can make your eyes even more slanted and small. It can make you look like you don't have any eyelids, even if you have one. The whole reason for this Selena Gomez (Come & Get It) inspired make-up is to focus on the eyeshadows and the lip color.
5) Apply on mascara. A double coat will do. Or as much as possible. I don't like wearing falsies (fake eyelashes), so I bulk on the mascara instead. Apply mascara on both upper lashes and lower lashes. Selena Gomez in Come & Get It video wears eyeliner on her lower eye rims. But I skip the part and replace the lower eye rims liner with lots of mascara for lower lashes instead. Why? If you've noticed, Selena have a very youthful face or a baby face. Eyeliner on the lower eye rims can actually make you look old or age you VERY much. And, if teamed up with red lipstick, you'll end up looking like you're in your mid 30s something if not, worse. So, skip the whole eyeliner on the lower eye rims look. It looks nice on Selena, since she have a baby face.
6) Apply a red lip color/lipstick. I prefer the matte effect since matte effect lipstick will make you look more youthful, believe it or not. Plus, make sure that the lipstick is highly pigmented. I use Sephora long lasting matte effect lipstick in No. 19. It's very pigmented and you'll only have to apply it once and it doesn't melt unless if you're eating very oily food like fried chicken, fried banana fritters etc.
7) Other things that I may have missed to explain is, the eyebrows. As usual, draw your eyebrows with brow liner or something. It depends on individuals.
|I thought it'd be 'normal' or boring or too mainstream to post nice perfect proportioned photo of myself |
after every make-up tutorial? So why not post a retarded or distorted one instead
Hope you'll try this make-up inspired look and happy trying :)
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Apparently, Lacelle is the new contact lens range under the brand of Bausch & Lomb. I got mine for FREE during their roadshow near KLCC bus station recently. They're 1 month disposable type contact lenses. Means, after 1 month, you'll need to dump these & buy a new one. That's the duration recommended by any eye care practitioner basically. But, if you take care of your lenses well, you can even wear them for 3 months. Not long ago, contact lenses lasted until 5 months! But long gone are those days, since the contact lenses nowadays have lesser Aqua/water content. If you wear them for more than the recommended months, the lenses will likely become a bit hard/dry and it's not much comfortable to be worn since your eyes might turn dry fast/easily. So, it's better to just get a new pair or you'll risk having to rub your eyes frequently because your eyes feel dry and at times your vision becomes a bit blurry due the dryness.
I got my Lacelle lens in Black color and the best part is that they're also powered ones, since I'm far sighted.
|How the contact lens would look like during different times/lighting|
You can check out their official website to know more about their lenses. From my reading, Lacelle also have other colors to offer. The picture above have me wearing Black. It's basically a simple lace-y black ring. It's quite nice actually. I'm a fan of bright colored contact lenses, so, wearing Lacelle lens is far much comfy since the color doesn't block much of my eye sight. If you're a fan of bright colored contacts, you'd know that bright colored contacts can disturb your sight at times because there's too much color & the middle diameter is quite small, compare to Lacelle. So, wearing Lacelle is much clearer when it comes to 'seeing more'.
And, here is my natural eye color without any contact lens. Not sure if anyone is interested in seeing them though :p Anyway, don't mind the little bumps around my eye. Since it's a close-up picture, so.....you'll be able to see any bumps, spots etc
|This is my natural eye color without any contact lens|
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Notes: Kuih bingka ni tak memerlukan oven untuk memasak dan tiada telur ayam diperlukan bagi penghasilannya
250gm labu-dikupas & rebus hingga empuk, kemudian dilenyek sehingga hancur
1/4 cawan gula (saya guna gula yang biasa digunakan untuk buat air manis seperti teh, milo etc)
1/2 cawan santan (tak kisah sama ada santan fresh atau santan kotak. Saya guna santan kotak)
3/4 cawan susu cair/sejat (kalau tiada, guna susu tepung je & bancuh SIKIT je dengan air panas untuk cairkan susu tepung tu)
1 sudu besar susu pekat manis
1/2 sudu kecil garam
1 cawan tepung gandum
1 sudu marjerin
1 pemanggang ajaib
Masa mula-mula buat kuih ni, saya tanya pada adik & emak saya, untuk measure (sukat) gula, santan, susu cair & tepung gandum tu kena guna cawan sebesar mana? Mereka hanya ketawa & cakap guna aje lah cawan mana mana pun yang ada kat dapur tu. Lol. So, saya guna cawan jenis yang biasa kita guna untuk minum/hidang teh pada tetamu bila diorang datang rumah beraya etc tu. Haha
1. Letak kesemua bahan yang telah dinyatakan di atas (kecuali labu yang telah direbus & dilenyek tadi) di dalam 1 bekas. Tak kisah lah bekas plastik or bekas besi. Kemudian, pukul hingga gula tu hancur dan sebati. Bahan-bahan lain pun perlu sebati jugak. Pastikan gula benar-benar dah hancur. Bagi mereka yang ada mesin pengadun, boleh lah guna kalau rasa tangan tidak mempunyai kuasa untuk memukul.
2. Kemudian, barulah dimasukkan labu yang telah direbus & dilenyek tu ke dalam adunan bahan-bahan lain tadi. Pukul sehingga sebati. Sekali lagi, anda boleh gunakan mesin pengadun jika anda tidak mahu mengadun bahan-bahan ini secara manual (iaitu dengan menggunakan tangan).
3. Apabila semua bahan dah sebati, masukkan adunan tersebut ke dalam pemanggang ajaib. Ratakan supaya tidak terlalu tebal dan tidak jugaklah terlalu nipis.
4. Nyalakan api dapur dalam api yang rendah/slow supaya kuih anda masak serata dan supaya tidak hangus.
5. Biarkan kuih masak di dalam pemanggang ajaib tu dalam tempoh 8-10 minit. Tempoh memasaknya sekejap aje.. Kemudian, anda kena terbalikkan pemanggang ajaib tu ke bahagian sebelah sana pulak supaya kuih masak serata di kedua dua belah (iaitu atas & bawah). Pastikan anda terbalikkan pemanggang tu dengan pantas supaya kuih bingka anda tidak cacat rupa bentuknya hehe.
6. Sekali lagi, biar kuih tu masak dalam 8-10 minit.
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
I don't know/not sure if people cares who are my fashion inspiration lol. But recently, I feel touched that my colleagues asked me who inspires me when it comes to fashion. Sobs sobs. So here are the person that I'd list down for being an inspiration for me when it comes to fashion and make-up:
1. Selena Gomez
2. Jiji Morgan
3. Taylor Swift
4. Taylor Momsen
5. My Chemical Romance
6. Lana Del Ray
7. Demi Lovato
Lately I've been obsessed with Selena Gomez that I even had this one crazy dream where I was talking with Selena and as if we're good friends. LOL. It should sound creepy cos' now I sounded like a 14 year old die hard Selenators (or at least that's how Selena's fans called themselves?). After waking up from that dream, I felt horrible. Suddenly I missed Selena and darn why that dream has to end. Creepy much
I haven't got much time to update my blog for the past few months. So I did a quick blog post on how to do eye make-up like Emma Maembong's hehe. But anyway, here are some pictures that best resembles what I've been up to lately. Because everyone rather see pictures than to read an essay :p
The weather in Malaysia is quite hot lately, so I decided to wear something 'bright' than the usual all black/dark ensemble. Lol. Cream colored & lace-yy. I thought the color cream would disinfect me from the heat of the sun (since black absorbs heat more) and the holes on that lace top would allow more air/oxygen to get to my skin? Hahaha. Anyway, it's all useless cos I got a black shirt underneath all that. Yes, I've been wearing 3 layers of clothing. Call it a case of confuse. I was confused. The class is cold and the outside weather is hot.
|With my friend Dilla on my last semester for my studies. Sobs|
|The auntie in the middle isn't related to me. It just happens that we took pictures together hehe|
Went to one of the shopping mall in KL and bumped into our Minister of Home Affairs, Datuk Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi. One thing that I can say is that even though he is a well known individual, he still have the time to stop, chat and take photos with people. And he smiles a lot too. And I eventually accidentally called him 'Encik'. I was saying "Thank you Encik" after taking the photos. It was a nerve wrecking experience having to take photos with someone famous/well known that I forgot to call him by the name Datuk Seri :p
Thank God he didn't scold me back or anything thehehe. But I do kind of feel ashamed of myself. Hopefully he didn't think that I was being disrespectful or anything. Anyway, Datuk Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi is actually tallllllllll and not that fat in real life. I only saw him in the TV and the TV made him looked as if he's fat and short.
Monday, June 16, 2014
As one of the leading actress since 2013 until now, one thing I noticed on Emma Maembong is her eye make-up, aside than her very fair skin and other cuteness overload..hehe. I noticed that she likes to use brown colored eyeshadow. And as one of an ardent fan of gray colored contacts, brown colored eyeshadow really does brings out the radiance of gray colored contacts/ gray colored eyes. The color brown is a lot more youthful than the usual black, when it comes to smoky eye make-up. If you have pale blonde hair, the usual black smoky eye make-up will look youthful on you, as Taylor Momsen from The Pretty Reckless and Avril Lavigne shows you.
Anyway, you can either opt for natural or smoky when it comes to brown colored eyeshadow. Just pick the right shade. In this blog post, I'll show you how to achieve Emma Maembongs' eyes ;p
1. First thing first, you'll need brown colored eyeshadow. I used Naked 3 Eye Shadow Palette from Urban Decay. I opt for the color called Nooner for the base and Factory for the upper crease. Make sure you blends them well. I use Factory for the upper crease so that my eyes looks like as if they're deep set eyes. Lol. Well, almost. Then after that, you'll need the 'magic instruments' below
|From left to right: Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium|
Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner
Benefit Highbrow Highlighter pencil
|Mascaras. The best way to achieve flawless lashes is to |
get the mascara base, the upper lash mascara and
the bottom lash mascara
2. After applying the eyeshadow, apply the eyeliner. It's best to use the liquid/pen form of eyeliner, as they make more of a precise line than the pencil eyeliner and they won't easily melt after a few hours.
3. Then, apply the brow liner to define your eyebrows. To make them stand out more, I used a highlighter pencil specially made for brows. This one that I used have a linen pink color. You'll need to blends/rubs them a bit with your fingertip, after applying em'.
|Lightly lined along the under arch of your eyebrows|
|Then lightly put two dots on the upper arch of your eyebrows.|
Don't forget to blends them with your fingertip afterwards
Here are the finished look:
I hope you have fun reading! :)